Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Look Ma! I'm an Impressionist!




New obsession : Oil Painting.

My favorite little-sister-that-has-a-name-beginning-with-'H' came over tonight and gave me a primer on oil painting.


OH MY GOODNESS! I am so hooked!

Here is my first meager attempt. I joked once to a friend at work that if I ever really took up painting I think I'd be an Impressionist. Sure enough...that is what came out of the brush - something that looks vaguely Impressionistic.
I love Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad books and have been making sketches of his pictures for a while. Today I did a simple painting of our dear sweet "Toad". I'm hoping over the months and years I'll improve to the point where this stuff is actually show off-able. But I'm still pretty darn proud of myself.






2 comments:

Tash said...

i think its lovely :) you will have to let me know how you like oil painting..ive always thought about dabbling in it myself...but nate would kill me if i picked up another hobby lol

Chelsea said...

I think it's lovely, though I have to admit I didn't know what it was till I read your post. Ribbit!
Before you beat me with the nearest object, I wish to blame the sleep deprivation.